[RULE] Athens server timing & logistics

Richard Kweskin rkwesk at hellug.gr
Thu Sep 1 18:14:57 EEST 2005

On Thu, 18 Aug 2005 16:53:39 -0600
"Rodolfo J. Paiz" <rpaiz at simpaticus.com> wrote:

> On Wed, 2005-08-10 at 12:06 +0300, Richard Kweskin wrote:

> > >From Rodolfo's last message it seems that some preliminaries
> > need to be taken care of. Can these be done in the interim?
> > If immediate steps must be done from here then it will have
> > to wait.  :((

> I don't know who said that last part, but it's not what I meant to say.
> All I intended to communicate is that, in order to ensure that the
> domain is accessible and modifiable (is that a word?) at all times, that
> we should modify the contact information, or even transfer it to another
> registrar where Marco can manage it freely.
>
> The point is to ensure that I am not the only one able to make changes
> to it. However, these changes can be made at any time and will not
> affect functionality or operation in any way.
>
> Cheers,

> Rodolfo J. Paiz

Hello All

I have returned to Athens, but others are returning in the next several days. A gathering has been scheduled for Saturday, Sept 10. It will be easiest for me to use the opportunity then so the transition from Guatemala to Greece can go ahead smoothly.

I am the ignorant one, here, in that I need to be told what steps should be taken, in what order to take them and how I can best help. Any input from this list will facilitate the steps.

To start this off, it looks like mysql, php and CMS SPIP are required. I presume that their use of Debian (most of the techies here seem to prefer it) is not an issue. Also, the mailing list(s?) (in addition to our public list I seem to remember a reference to another list for website tech things.) Does it matter what software is running the list(s)?

Rodolfo has pointed out (above) the need to broaden the domain's (rule-project.org) primary access. Certainly Marco should be such a primary individual. Who else?

Richard

Rule Project HOME PAGE:  http://www.rule-project.org/en/
Rule-list at rule-project.org