[RULE] TinyX please

Marco Fioretti mfioretti at mclink.it
Tue Oct 12 13:47:08 EEST 2004

> Michael Fratoni had the source files for kdrive
..
> From what I can make out Keith Packard (kdrive's creator) is
> working on x.org now but kdrive is not a part of that.

After Linux distro, including Fedora, ditched XFree for X.org,
I wrote to Keith asking what we at RULE should do, since we
were using TinyX (then renamed kdrive). I cannot check my email
archives now, but I was told kdrive is the base for X.org or the
other server now shipped with Linux distros. So, IIRC, it is still possible to compile kdrive from the current big source bundle
of X.org

Marco

Rule Project HOME PAGE:  http://www.rule-project.org/en/
Rule-list at rule-project.org