Alternatives to Fedora Core, was: [RULE] APT, YUM...

M. Fioretti mfioretti at mclink.it
Fri Jul 30 03:06:50 EEST 2004

On Thu, Jul 29, 2004 19:15:29 PM -0400, Da Worm (daworm at comcast.net)
wrote:

> >Can you say in Gentoo "install only konqueror, kmail and koffice"?
> >(same for Gnome of course)
>
> It's a bit more complex than that.

Thanks for your info. I'll confess without shame that I need time to
understand them fully.

> If I get time this weekend, I'll see what I can find out about some older
> desktops and give real benchmarks on how long and how hard it is to
> install.

Great, thanks. Please consider the possibility of formatting whatever you
find for publication on the website, so we can keep track of what has
been tested.

TIA,
	Marco Fioretti

--
Marco Fioretti                    mfioretti, at the server mclink.it
Red Hat & Fedora for low memory   http://www.rule-project.org/

Non si vive se non il tempo che si ama.		   C. A. Helvetius

Rule Project HOME PAGE:  http://www.rule-project.org/en/
Rule-list at rule-project.org