[RULE] All these distros!

Liam Proven lproven at cix.co.uk
Thu Jul 29 15:22:15 EEST 2004

David wrote:
> I think we are in danger here of  falling into the great big trap of
> discussing which distro is best!

This is true.

I am not a huge fan of Red Hat myself, but in some ways I guess it's a
sound base on which to build. Fedora *is* a problem, though.

The logical alternative is Red Hat itself - in other words, Red Hat
Enterprise Linux, the expensive, paid-for version. Which flavour
(Workstation, Advanced Server or Enterprise Server, I think they're
called) is another question, but perhaps irrelevant: they are just
subsets and supersets of one another.

But it costs - $lots!

So, 2 alternative suggestions:

cAos Centos:

http://caosity.org/index.php?option=displaypage&Itemid=62&op=page&SubMenu=

White Box Linux:

http://whiteboxlinux.org/

These are both free versions of RHEL for x86, built from the unmodified
official source.

--
Liam Proven

Rule Project HOME PAGE:  http://www.rule-project.org/en/