[RULE] kdrive update

M. Fioretti m.fioretti at inwind.it
Fri Oct 17 23:33:32 EEST 2003

On Wed, Oct 15, 2003 14:01:54 at 02:01:54PM +0300, Kweskin Richard (rkwesk at mail.ariadne-t.gr) wrote:
> > >         On the cons side, it doesn't use the xfs font server, and
> > >         doesn't support true type fonts.

> > I don't remember about true type, but the advantage of modern Linux
> > applications (and, of course, of RULE which want to stay current, not
> > resort to old SW) is that they do client side fonts with the
> > xft2/fontconfig libraries.

Another thing to consider is that standard XFree can use fonts in
static paths listed in XFree86config, without any server. *If* also
kdrive can do it, one could set one static font for legacy consoles,
and resort to xft2 client side fonts apps otherwise.

Ciao,
	   Marco Fioretti

--
Marco Fioretti                 m.fioretti, at the server inwind.it

The worst thing one can do is not to try, to be aware of what one
wants and not give in to it, to spend years in silent hurt wondering
if something could have materialized -- and never knowing.  --
				     David Viscott

Rule Project HOME PAGE:  http://www.rule-project.org/en/
Rule Development Site:   http://savannah.gnu.org/projects/rule/
Rule-list at nongnu.org