[RULE] Re: HW Problems

Ingo Lantschner ingo at vum.at
Sat Jul 5 09:35:56 EEST 2003

> Which problem?
Thanks for asking - did not want to be too offtipc :-)

The problem is: I can not boot form A: - neither with Slinkydetect nor
with an MS-DOS Bootdisk. I tried several floppys. I tried 3 different
floppy-drives and two
different cables - in the meantime I found out, that this machine can
access the floppy once it is up, but can not boot - very strange. (To
test this, I installed MS-DOS on the HD while it was in an other machine
and then mounted the disk back to the problemmachine.)
Anything else (Bootsequence is A: C:, Floppy-Controler is activated in
BIOS, Swap Floppy in BIOS is OFF, Floppy is on the physical connector
after the twist) double and tipple checked - never had such a problem
before. If it would be one machine I would have thrown it away - but its
now 4 machines - all of them have an P/I-P55SP4 from ASUS.

> Do you get any error string/log?
Well, depending on the situation: If a HD is present in the system, I
should PRESS ENTER TO REBOOT - if I disconnect the HD I get NO SYSTEM
DRIVE FOUND .... - it the normal BIOS-messages which typed into Google
return many answers - but all of them not specific to our problem. Even
with the mainboard as searchstring I could not find something
meaningfull.

Thanks again - and any idea is very much appreacheated - Ingo.

Ingo Lantschner

	Verein zur Unterstuetzung von Menschen
	Marchettigasse 5/11, A-1060 Wien
	Tel (+43-1) 595 5766