[Openerp] OpenERP: install without openerp+w permissions (RFC)

P. Christeas p_christ at hol.gr
Sat Jun 20 22:41:48 EEST 2009

While looking at the scripts, I discovered that the Debian installation would
give the server write access to the addons directory.

IMHO, it is bad to let the server manipulate its code. We should try running
it without write access to it. Of course, this would break modules that don't
yet use another directory for storing their data.
In my distro, I have been installing it as root, and trying to verify that all
modules keep that principle of separation.

What do you think?

--
Say NO to spam and viruses. Stop using Microsoft Windows!