linux on usbhdd

Kontopoulos Andreas konand at otenet.gr
Mon Jun 11 16:55:03 EEST 2007

hi
i have acer 5672wlmi laptop (T2300 duo core,2gb ram,160gb wd hdd, atix1400,bluetooth 2.0+edr)with winxpsp2 and a usbhdd(120gb toshiba mk1234gsx).
i woude like to install linux on usbhdd without any damage to wd hdd(pqservise,c:,acerdata partition) and works alt+f10 the acer's recovery.
is it possible?
if yes whitch is the way to manage this?
and what linux is better for this?(knoppix,suse,ubutu).
the wireless lan(intel pro/wireless 3945abg network connection-sagem router)work in linux?
thanks for your advise
sorry for my mistakes my english is bad.