No subject

Thu May 14 12:39:51 EEST 2009

This is an experimental test to see how well I can manage this, but it
allows those who need a bugfix from the CVS or a completely new driver
that's been committed to CVS to use it with the current full release
version of XFree86 and hopefully suffer no versioning problems. But that
remains to be seen, hence this test.

The first snapshot of the binary modules are up for x86 architectures
only at the moment. I intend to add alpha, ppc and possibly sparc at
some future date.

This is a big leap forward for those who can't or don't want to build
the whole X tree and just need driver support or bug fix for their
video card.

This process may also be extended for other modules with XFree86 if
this initial test goes well.

Any comments of feedback on this is most welcome.

Note: if you do attempt this, make sure you back up your old driver
module first.

Alan.