Anairesi relatime

V13 v13 at v13.gr
Tue Nov 4 20:02:32 EET 2008

On Tuesday 04 November 2008, Antonis Christofides wrote:
> Προσπαθώ να αναιρέσω το relatime αλλά αυτό δεν φαίνεται να αναιρείται:
>
> anthony at riggia:/etc/X11$ sudo mount -o remount,norelatime,atime /

Ypotheto oti exeis XFS:

En syntomia:

# mount / -o remount,asdflfrewfrew
# echo $?
0

Apo to fs/xfs/linux-2.6/xfs_super.c toy kernel (2.6.27):

/*
 * Logically we would return an error here to prevent
 * users from believing they might have changed
 * mount options using remount which can't be changed.
 *
 * But unfortunately mount(8) adds all options from
 * mtab and fstab to the mount arguments in some cases
 * so we can't blindly reject options, but have to
 * check for each specified option if it actually
 * differs from the currently set option and only
 * reject it if that's the case.
 *
 * Until that is implemented we return success for
 * every remount request, and silently ignore all
 * options that we can't actually change.
 */

<<V13>>