o Bruce Perens ζητά υποστήριξη για να γίνει μέλος του OSI

Nick Demou ndemou at gmail.com
Tue Mar 18 23:16:28 EET 2008

από το http://techp.org/p/7/

One problem I'd like to help solve is the over-representation of
vendors, particularly the kind that have an Open Source product as
their profit-center rather than part of operations. The vast majority
of Open Source developers, paid or volunteer, are not in that sort of
business, yet vendors tend to dominate the leadership of organizations
like OSI and conferences about Open Source in business, to the point
that many people have been led to believe that they are the most
important participants. I'm not anti-vendor, I've built several of
them and currently own one. But I think that vendor-domination of Open
Source inevitably dilutes the rights of everyone else. With its
increasing participation in Open Source, there's even a chance that
Microsoft could be offered an OSI board seat. I have been an outspoken
opponent of vendor excesses, fighting SCO, the Novell-Microsoft
agreement, etc., for more than a decade. Help me continue that work.

αν ενδιαφέρεστε διαβάστε περισσότερα στο παραπάνω link και αν σας
πείθει υπογράψτε ως υποστηρικτής του