Συμφωνία Novell-Microsoft [was: Koyponia Suse apo th microsoft?]

Christos Ricudis ricudis at komodino.itc.auth.gr
Fri Nov 10 09:35:42 EET 2006

Makran to pio petyxhmeno sxolio pou diabasa sxetika me th symfwnia :

/Under the patent cooperation agreement, Novell's customers receive
directly from Microsoft a covenant not to sue. Novell does not receive a
patent license or covenant not to sue from Microsoft, and we have not
agreed with Microsoft to any condition that would contradict the
conditions of the GPL. Our agreement does not affect the freedom that
Novell or anyone else in the open source community, including
developers, has under the GPL and does not impose any condition that
would contradict the conditions of the GPL. Therefore, the agreement is
fully compliant with the GPL,

/That reminds me of another, historical, agreement:

/Under the treaty, England receives directly from Germany a promise not
to attack Poland. England does not receive a promise not to attack from
Germany, and we have not agreed with Germany to any condition that would
contradict the conditions of previous treaties. Our agreement does not
affect the freedom that Poland or any other country in Europe, including
France, has under previous treaties and does not impose any condition
that would contradict the conditions of such treaties. Therefore, the
treaty is fully compliant with all previous treaties./

Sincerely,

Neville Chamberlain

Christos Ricudis				ricudis at itc.auth.gr
Systems Administrator				+30-2310-998656
IT Support Center
Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, GREECE