How can I play mpeg, avi or any other video files with Suse ?

Adam Tragas atragas at gmail.com
Thu May 18 16:59:14 EEST 2006

I downloaded the MPlayer suite (all codecs pack, rpm, skin, fonts) and when
I try to install it with YAST I get resolver messages about missing codecs
(win32 and others). I downloaded seperately the win32 codecs from FFmeg FTP
server and put them on a usr/lib/codecs folder I created.
Nothing!
What's going on?
Is there anyone user out there, who can play video on his Suse 10
installation via Caffeine or any othe prog, natively or with the addition of
extra codecs?

Adam A. Tragas, MD