syslog-ng probs

Spiros Bolis sbolis at freemail.gr
Mon Dec 12 00:49:16 EET 2005

On Sun, 11 Dec 2005, basilis wrote:

> αριθμός είναι μηδέν και κατά κανόνα είναι γύρω στα 50.. Δηλαδή χάνει log
> πακέτα..
>
>     Γιατί? Αυτό το πρόβλημα οφείλεται αποκλειστικά σε αργό disk io?
> (άλλη πονεμένη ιστορία του λινουξόμποξου μου, για την οποία θα σας πρήξω
> μόλις περάσω τον καινούριο kernel και κάνω κανά πείραμα..)
>
>     Κάποια ιδέα - κάποια πρόταση? Να ανησυχώ γιατρέ μου.. ;-)

https://lists.balabit.hu/pipermail/syslog-ng/2001-November/002690.html

"try increasing the log_fifo_size for your destinations. This number is
the
number of dropped syslog messages _within_ syslog-ng, and changing your
transport methods to TCP would'nt change that."

(gia na mh soy dinei "0" sto sto syslog - h prwth lysh einai mallon
lathos)

http://lists.debian.org/debian-security/2002/12/msg00297.html

this message is syslog-ng notice message, which tell you it hasn't drop
any /dev/log packets.
(this feature seem not connected as far as I can see)

You can rid of this message with something like that:

filter f_syslog { not facility(auth, authpriv, kern) and \
		not match("STATS: dropped 0")};

you probably better do something like that in the source
code to avoid
pattern matching on all syslog target packet, but you'll
need a recompilation of your syslog-ng. :)

http://archives.neohapsis.com/archives/linux/debian/2002-q4/1119.html

[..]
options { stats(3600); };

Ara, dew ayto to log_fifo_size kai an thes na blepeis to mhnyma ligotero
syxna, des to stats(3600) - me "0" 'h "-1" to bgazeis teleiws (?)

Y.G. Eytyxws poy to "γούγλισες" ;-)