New User / Mandrake 10.1 doesn't recognise MSI dvd rw for installation

Gregory Sklikas sakilks at hotmail.com
Sun Nov 28 14:26:17 EET 2004

More or less I found what is the issue but can't find a solution.

HD is on SATA, CD is on ATA. When I disable SATA, CD is mounted and
installation begins, but obviously there is no available hard disk to
install.
Any way out? I 've seen on various forums on the net that other people had
the same issue, but no obvious solution, Any other ideas?

(As mentioned in my prtevious message it seems to be a mandrake distribution
specific issue, as SUSE doesn't seem to have a problem, but I really prefer
Mandrake for recognising everything else.)

Greg