erased ipod software

Michael Digas mdigas at cc.uoi.gr
Fri Dec 24 20:14:46 EET 2004

On Friday 24 December 2004 19:54, George Iordanou wrote:
> Έχω αγοράσει ένα iPod 40GB για Mac. Το έχω κάνει mount στο Debian μου
> (Partition typle: hfsplus). Για κάποιο λόγο όμως είχα την ιδέα να κάνω
> rm -rf /media/ipod. Απ' ότι κατάλαβα έσβησα το software του και δεν
> ανάβει (συνεπώς ούτε ο υπολογιστής το "βλέπει"). Έχετε κάποια ιδέα ως
> προς το πως να μπορέσω να επανεγκαταστήσω το software;

apo to link http://www.methodshop.com/mp3/articles/iPodSupport.shtm
:

 STEP #1

ERASE YOUR iPOD (MAC OSX)
01) If you have OSX, you can use Disk Utility (in the Applications/Utilities
folder). If you have a PC running Microsoft Windows, click here for more
instructions or read the next paragraph.
02) Select your iPod in the Disk Utility window and press the Repair button
03) Then press the Erase button to erase the iPod's hard drive. Extended
Journaled should answer your next question.

ERASE YOUR iPOD (WIN XP)
1) Go to "IPOD H:" in windows "explorer"
2) Right click and chose "Format"
3) Select "FAT 32" and <Format>
4) Reboot Computer

>>> STEP #2

RESTORE YOUR iPOD
After you erase your iPod, you need to run the Restore function from the iPod
Updater program.

01) Connect iPod to your computer using the FireWire/USB cable that came your
iPod.
02) Quit iTunes.
03) Download the newest version of the iPod Updater application. You can get
it from Apple's website at http://www.apple.com/ipod/download/.
04) Install and open the application iPod Updater.
05) Click Restore.
06) You may need to type in an Admin user's name and password. An alert box
appears to confirm you want to restore iPod. Say yes.
07) When the factory settings have been restored, unplug the FireWire/USB
cable from iPod.
08) When prompted by the iPod, reconnect the FireWire/USB cable. After iPod
has turned on, and you see the message "Do not disconnect" iTunes
automatically opens. Note: For iPod Software 1.0 through 1.1, when iPod is in
FireWire Disk Mode a FireWire logo appears on the screen instead of the "Do
not disconnect" message.
09) If prompted, type a name for iPod in the space provided.
10) The "Automatically update my iPod" option is selected by default. Deselect
this option if you wish and click Done. The iTunes main window appears, and
the download status is displayed in the iTunes display.
11) Wait until the iTunes display says the update is complete.
12) Quit iTunes.
13) Disconnect the FireWire/USB cable from iPod. After a few moments, the
Language display appears on the iPod screen.
14) Select a language. If you screw this step up, click here.
15) Quit the iPod Software Updater application.