Problem with GDM and language settings

Boukouvalas moleman at chem.auth.gr
Mon Nov 17 18:09:58 EET 2003

Hello people. When I change my language setting to Greek from US
English, GDM graphical greeter puts fuzzy greek letters to GDMGG. I
tried many times changing languages all the time and rebooting. The
result was for a time to be able to see things as I wanted. Greek menus
and US english to configuration programs and applications. Also US
english GDMGG. But the problem existed though most things worked right.
For example, OpenofficeWriter had litlle boxes in place of letters in
its menus. Ok, that meaned that Op.Of.W. couldn't see Greek. I managed
to change the system so I could have greek menus and english Op.Of.W.
menus but the configuration and other applications like "neat" and
"x-chat" had either greek fuzzy letters or boxes. Please help me cause
my nerves got down...