motherboard with raid controller

Ioannis Papaioannou jhn at aix.meng.auth.gr
Fri Jun 13 14:06:01 EEST 2003

Giannis Stoilis wrote:
> [...]

$ man placebo
Placebo Pla*ce"bo, n. L., I shall please, fut. of placere to
    please.
    1. (R. C. Ch.) The first antiphon of the vespers for the
       dead.

    2. (Med.) A prescription intended to humor or satisfy.

$ man effect
Effect Ef*fect", n. L. effectus, fr. efficere, effectum, to
    effect; ex + facere to make: cf. F. effet, formerly also
    spelled effect. See Fact.
    4. Impression left on the mind; sensation produced.

             Patchwork . . . introduced for oratorical effect.
                                                   --J. C.
                                                   Shairp.
    8. Reality; actual meaning; fact, as distinguished from mere
       appearance.

             No other in effect than what it seems. --Denham.