"Getting ready for the Desktop issue #321" (was: Mandrake 9.0 POLY ARGO: Poio einai to provlhma?)

Giorgos Keramidas keramida at ceid.upatras.gr
Sat Apr 5 04:54:01 EEST 2003

On 2003-04-05 01:20, fateswarm <admin at www0.org> wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 05, 2003 at 02:38:33AM +0300, Michael Iatrou wrote:
> > On Saturday 05 April 2003 00:39, fateswarm wrote:
> >
> > Μα πλάκα κάνεις; Έχεις γράψει ένα ολόκληρο email όπου λες:
> > 1) Ότι δεν μπορείς να βρεις αποδείξεις.
> > 2) Ότι αυτές υπάρχουν.
> > 3) Δεν έχει σημασία, έτσι κι αλλιώς αυτό που λες είναι σωστό.
> >
> > Έλεος άνθρωπε μου, τι σκεπτικό είναι αυτό;
>
> Hlpiza sth nohmosynh twn anagnwstwn na katalaboun oti a) eimaste linux
> users, de xreiazetai na to glifoume KAI edo mesa b) ta problimata prepei
> na fenontai, ego anefera ena problima pou exo akousei na anaferetai kai
> apo allous, tora an esy 8es na piasteis apo mikra epixirimata tou styl
> "pes moy pia library apo to paketo XXX prokalei problima", oxi, de 8a
> mpo s'auto to pexnidi.

Μη μπεις καλύτερα.  Πρώτα διάβασε το εξής πανέμορφο link:

  http://www.infidels.org/news/atheism/logic.html#anecdotal

Για να μη σε βάλω να ψάχνεις web browser ... Δώσε μεγάλη προσοχή στην
τελευταία παράγραφο.

: One of the simplest fallacies is to rely on anecdotal evidence. For
: example:
:
:     "There's abundant proof that God exists and is still performing
:     miracles today. Just last week I read about a girl who was dying
:     of cancer. Her whole family went to church and prayed for her, and
:     she was cured."
:
: It's quite valid to use personal experience to illustrate a point; but
: such anecdotes don't actually prove anything to anyone. Your friend
: may say he met Elvis in the supermarket, but those who haven't had the
: same experience will require more than your friend's anecdotal
: evidence to convince them.
:
: Anecdotal evidence can seem very compelling, especially if the
: audience WANTS to believe it. This is part of the explanation for
: urban legends; stories which are verifiably false have been known to
: circulate as anecdotes for years.

- Γιώργος