OpenCD: ελληνικό;

fateswarm admin at www0.org
Sun Dec 15 15:40:02 EET 2002

On Sun, Dec 15, 2002 at 02:25:18PM +0200, Άγγελος Οικονομόπουλος wrote:
> On Monday 09 December 2002 09:21, Giorgos Keramidas wrote:
> > On 2002-12-09 04:49, "Al. Andreou" <ee4299 at ee.teiath.gr> wrote:
>
> > > A, poia h diafora (estw kai 8ewrhtikh) meta3y OpenSource kai
> > > FreeSoftware;
>  Epishs, o Stallman den yposthrizei to OpenSource?
> >
> > Ουσιαστική διαφορά; Free software είναι μόνο ότι είναι GPLed και έχει
> > δώσει ο συγγραφέας του (κάνοντας τα απαραίτητα χαρτιά) όλα τα
> > πνευματικά δικαιώματα στην Free Software Foundation.  Open source
> > είναι πολύ περισσότερα πράγματα.
>
> BSD FUD και εντελώς αναληθές. Αυτό που περιγράφεις λέγεται Gnu software.
> Free software είναι και το FreeBSD (μα καλά, πλύση εγκεφάλου κάνουν στους
> commiters?).

hremise:p

O Stallman e8ea8h na xrisimopoiei freeBSD sto laptop se ena sunedrio.
Otan ton rothsan giati, eipe oti mporei na mhn einai GPL, alla einai free
software, kai auto exei shmasia.

"Since you mention this, here`s a story from the AUUG Winter 1998
conference.

I had signed up for the Emacs tutorials on the Monday, held by
Stallman.  When the class started, he wasn`t there.  I decided to go
upstairs and get my laptop, and when I came down Stallman was in the
foyer, looking lost.  I took him to his class, where he discovered
that he had left the power supply to his laptop behind.  In the end, I
lent him mine, running FreeBSD of course, and he held the tutorial on
that.  He was completely reasonable about FreeBSD ("of course, we`d
prefer it to be GPL, but it`s free software, and that`s the important
thing").  For those of you who are interested, you`ll see a picture of
him holding a FreeBSD CD-ROM set and talking to Peter Wemm of the
FreeBSD core team at http://www.lemis.com/grog/auug98.html.

To prepare for your inevitable rebuttal: yes, rms is not known for
consistency.  But he can show himself to be reasonable."