Ultimate venture

Musa Adamu qmusa_adamu at indiatimes.com
Thu Dec 5 12:10:34 EET 2002

Musa Adamu
Falomo, Lagos.

 REQUEST FOR ASSISTANCE - STRICTLY CONFIDENTIAL
I am Musa Adamu an Accountant in the Nigerian National Petroleum
 Corporation (NNPC) and I head a seven-man tenders committee in charge of
 Foreign/Expatriate Contract Awards Review and Payment Approvals (CRPAC).
I   came to know of your name and address in my search for
 a reliable and low-key person to handle a very confidential
 transaction based on    unflinching trust as we have not met before. This
 transaction involves the
transfer of huge sum of foreign exchange (the United States Dollars)
 to a  foreign account. There were a series of contracts
 executed by a Consortium
 of Multinationals in the oil industry in favour of NNPC among which are:
 (1) The expansion and rehabilitation of the ageing pipeline network within
     Nigeria for crude oil and downstream
 products distribution and evacuation - US$9 Billion
 (2) Contracts for the Turn Around Maintenance (TAM) of the four epileptic
     refineries in the country
(3) The construction of more storage tanks and maintenance and servicing
 of   old ones for Petroleum Products Storage    (Depots) - US$90 Million
 (4) The construction of Escravos Gas Poduction Offshore facility.
The original value of these contracts was deliberately over-invoiced
 in the sum of USD Eighteen Million, Five Hundred Thousand
 ($18,500,000.00) by this
committee (CRPAC) during the awards of the various contract. This sum
 ($18,500,000.00) has now been approved for payment by this committee
 (CRPAC)and is now ready to be transfered by the Central Bank
 of Nigeria to the account of any individual and or company which the
 CRPAC presents as the  beneficiary, since the company that actually
 executed these contracts has
been fully paid their fund and the projects have been officialy
 commissioned. Consequently, my colleagues and I are willing to
 transfer the total amount
 to your account for subsequent disbursement on our behalf, since we as
 civil  servants and we are also serving in a sensitive
 foreign payment approval committee (CRPAC) are prohibited by the Code of
 Conduct Bureau (Civil  Service Laws) from opening or operating foreign
 account and or dealing in
 foreign exchange in our names. Needless to say, the trust reposed on
 you at     this juncture is enormous. In return, we have agreed
 to offer you 25% of the transferred sum, while 10% shall be set aside for
 incidental expenses  (internal and external) accrued between the parties
 in the course of the     transaction. The balance will be used to purchase
 agricultural equipment and
 medical drugs from your country for importation back to my country. You
 must  however note that this transaction is subject to the following terms
 and  conditions:    a) Our conviction of your transparent
 honesty and diligence
b) That you would treat this transaction with utmost secrecy and
confidentiality    c) That you have an unflincing trust in us, and our
 ability to complete all official processes with your co-operation.
 (d) That the funds would be transfered to an> ordinary  account which you
 have  total control over.
 Modalities have been worked out (secretly) at the highest levels of the
 relevant government departments involved and the Central Bank of Nigeria
 for the immediate transfer of funds within 14 working days
 subject to your satisfaction of the above stated terms. Our
assurance is that your role is
risk-free. To accord this transaction the legality it deserves and for
 mutual security of the fund, the whole approval procedures will be
 officially and legally processed with your name or the
 name of any company you may nominate as the bonafide beneficiary, as in
an ideal situation.It
is imperative that you bear in mind that having put in 19 years in the
service of the government, I am averse to having my image and career
 dented. This matter should therefore be treated with utmost
 secrecy and urgency.
 Kindly expedite action by contacting me on my e-mail address, indicating
your interest in this transaction. For swift response to your reply,
 kindly   indicate your fax and telephone numbers clearly so
that I can explain further, especially by fax. I am urgently waiting
your reply as payment to
foreign contractors is usually made on quarterly> basis.

Yours faithfully,
Musa Adamu.