2.4.19-pre7 & ttyS*

Panagiotis Vossos jacbre at internet.gr
Mon Apr 22 13:49:01 EEST 2002

Nikos Mavroyanopoulos <nmav at gnutls.org> writes:

> On Mon, Apr 22, 2002 at 02:01:09AM +0300, Άγγελος Οικονομόπουλος wrote:
>
> > mhpws exei alla3ei o kernel (ti praktika auta ta bitkeeper changelogs)

> Πιο πρακτικά απο τα cvs logs? Εχει κάποιος υπ'όψιν κάποιο συγκριτικό
> για versioning systems?

To bitkeeper einai commercial vcs.  Prosopika mono cvs xrisimopoio,
alla polloi lene oti to arch einai "the next big thing".  O bruce
perens eixe grapsei sto /.:

    Where CVS is a cathedral, 'arch' is a bazaar, with the ability for
    branches to live on separate servers from the main trunk of the
    project's development. Thus, you can create a branch without the
    authority, or even the cooperation, of the managers of the main
    tree. A global name-space makes all revision archives worldwide
    appear as if they are the same repository. Using this system, most
    of what we do using 'patch' today would go away -- we'd just
    choose, or merge, branches. Much of the synchronization problem we
    have with patches is handled by tools that eliminate and/or manage
    conflicts -- they solve some of the thorny graph topology issues
    around patch management.

To egrapse o Tom Lord (gnostos kai apo tin simmetoxi tou sto guile kai
tin hackerlab c library) mesa se 40k shell & awk scripts.  Mporeis na
to vreis sto http://www.regexps.com/arch.html

panagiotis