Web mail.

Yannis Kotsinos zookie at med.auth.gr
Wed Sep 26 19:31:02 EEST 2001

----- Original Message -----
From: "Plagianakos Vassilis" <vpp at math.upatras.gr>
To: "Linux-Greek-Users" <linux-greek-users at hellug.gr>
Subject: Web mail.

> Geia sas,
> 8elw na egkatasthsw ena webmail kai skeftomai ton IMP
> (www.horde.org/imp). Exete kapoia empeiria me ayton h' kapoion allo;
>
> Prokeitai na exw gyrw stoys 100 xrhstes gia arxh, me prooptikh na mpoyn
> kai alloi, kai endiaferomai gia kati open kai free [1].
>
> Eyxaristw,
>
> Vassilis.

(*points*)

http://jwebmail.sourceforge.net/

// Quote from http://jwebmail.sourceforge.net/info.html

Features (v0.7)

gives a user complete access to his POP3 or IMAP mailboxes via an
easy-to-use web interface

neither Java nor Javascript on the Clientside

standalone HTTP/1.1 server written entirely in Java

can also be run as a Java Servlet (me ligh -ews poly doyleia - mporeis na to
kaneis kai bean ;-)

pluggable services (IMAP, POP3, ...) through the Java Mail API

configurable look'n'feel through templates

user configurable mailboxes: each folder may be on a different IMAP host

sophisticated folder support

support for multiple languages

MIME support: images, html- and textfiles are shown via the webbrowser
(configurable), all other files may be downloaded with a click

fancy mail formatting: link highlighting, umlaut conversion,
"smiley-substitution"

Very fast compared to CGI scripts

Modular concept with plugin support

Easy administration (webinterface) and installation

GNU Lesser General Public License