.HTACCESS

yannis kotsinos zookie at med.auth.gr
Thu Oct 18 03:11:01 EEST 2001

 <noc at sae.gr> wrote:

>Hello Yannis,
>
>Kai omws file mou, den fainetai na douleyei me .php scripts pou
>ektelountai san CGI...
>to dokimasa prin rwthsw... Dokimase to kai esy..

To exw dokimasei. Polles fores. Ok, pame pali:

Apo to documentation toy apache:

http://httpd.apache.org/docs/mod/core.html#allowoverride

When the server finds an .htaccess file (as specified by
AccessFileName) it needs to know which directives declared in that
file can override earlier access information.

kai sto httpd.conf soy blepoyme:

<Directory />
    Options FollowSymLinks
    AllowOverride None
                          ^^^^^^
    order deny,allow
    deny from all
    allow from xxx.xxx.xxx. yyy.yyy.yyy. 127.0.0.1
</Directory>

Epishs den 3erw an exeis dhlwmeno sto httpd.conf ayto:

	AccessFileName .htaccess

alla efoswn exeis AllowOverride None, kai na to eixes o apache 8a
adiaforoyse.

Synopsizontas:

sto httpd.conf

sto <Directory> *pros8eteis* to:
	AllowOveride Limit
     </Directory>

kai to
	AccessFileName .htaccess

sthn kathgoria misc px.. (an den yparxei)

kai telos sto .htaccess dineis:

<Limit GET>
order deny,allow
deny from all
allow from 127.0.0.1
</Limit>

Sygnwmh, alla to 8ewrhsa dedomeno to httpd.conf. my bad.

Ante epeidh eimai kalo paidi, 8a soy pw oti exeis kai allo problhma:

Proffesional PHP Programming, WROX Press, Page 17.

CGI Interpreter vs. Apache Module:

As mentioned earilier, PHP can be compiled to be a standalone CGI
interpreter or as an Apache module. With PHP configured to be a CGI
Interpreter, every time a PHP script is to be interpreted, the web
server spawns an instance of the PHP Interpreter, which interprets the
script. This obviously causes some performance degradation.

When PHP is compliled as an Apache module, it runs in the same address
space as that of the web server process and hence provides a
significant (hint) performance improvement over traditional CGI
Interpreters that are seperate processes. Certain features like
persistent database connections are available only in the apache
module version. Some security concerns arise when we go in for the CGI
version.