greek fonts

George Christodoulou georgec at netu.com.cy
Fri May 18 13:59:01 EEST 2001

I know that this must be painful to you but I need help in installing greek fonts on my Red Hat Linux box.  I have tried a lot of things and read a lot of how-tos but it seems that I am missing something.  The last thing I did was to download and install all the xfntgr rpms from http://graphis.hellug.gr/el/fonts.html .  I have checked that my XF86Config file is updated containing the fonts I have installed (the only thing I did was to run the command "rpm -Uvh xfntgr-*.rpm" and restart X server).  Now, how can I use those fonts?  How can I write and print greek?  I am using KDE 1.1.2 and I added greek keyboard - Charset:iso8859-7, Hellenic Keyboard (Latin-1 ...).  I am using kikbd to switch from english to greek but the result is bad.  I have also exported the variable _XKB_CHATSET=iso8859-7 but still nothing.  Could you please guide me how to succeed this task?  I would appreciate it if you could tell me what to do instead of telling me where to go because as I have told you I have tried many things before I send you this email.  You could also reply back in ellinika...I just find it easier for me to write in english instead of ellinika.

Thanks
George