USB Scanner

Steve Stavropoulos steve at math.upatras.gr
Tue May 15 00:22:56 EEST 2001

On Mon, 14 May 2001 john at csn.gr wrote:

> Exo ena scanner HP 4300C se syndesi USB. Yparxei periptosi na doulepsei se linux? Apo oti diabasa sto manual ths SuSE (7.1) to linux ypostirizei mono SCSI scanners:
> "Scanners connected via the parallel or USB port of the computer can only be used 'under laboratory conditions' or not at all in Linux"

Katarxas kalo einai na baleis ton latest 2.4 kernel.
Kai ta kaka nea:
(apo to /usr/src/linux-2.4.4/Documentation/usb/scanner-hp-sane.txt)
------
The majority of HP Scanners support the Scanner Control
Language (SCL) which is both published by HP and supported by SANE.
The only HP Scanners that I'm aware of that do not support SCL are the
4200C ,3300C, and the PhotoSmart S20.  All other HP scanners with USB
interfaces should work (4100C, 5200C, 6200C, and 6300C) as do models
that are derived from the models above.
------

Opote edw yparxoun tesseris lyseis:
1) Proseyxesai ka8e brady prin koimh8eis na ftia3ei kapoios driver gia to
scanner sou.
2) Ftiaxneis esy ton driver gia to scanner sou kai ginese indalma kai
apodekths twn proseyxwn xiliadwn an8rwpwn ana ton kosmo.
3) Plhrwneis kapoion gia na ftia3ei driver gia to scanner sou.
4) Perneis allo scanner.