ht:/dig

lydwigvernon lydwigvernon at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Jun 28 19:47:01 EEST 2001

Apo to FAQ:

4.10. How do I index documents in other languages?

The first and most important thing you must do, to allow ht://Dig to
properly support international characters, is to define the correct locale
for the language and country you wish to support. This is done by setting
the locale attribute (see question 5.8). The next step is to configure
ht://Dig to use dictionary and affix files for the language of your choice.
These can be the same dictionary and affix files as are used by the ispell
software. A collection of these is available from Geoff Kuenning's
International Ispell Dictionaries page, and we're slowly building a
collection of word lists on our web site.

For example, if you install German dictionaries in common/german, you could
use these lines in your configuration file:

locale:               de_DE
lang_dir:             ${common_dir}/german
bad_word_list:        ${lang_dir}/bad_words
endings_affix_file:   ${lang_dir}/german.aff
endings_dictionary:   ${lang_dir}/german.0
endings_root2word_db: ${lang_dir}/root2word.db
endings_word2root_db: ${lang_dir}/word2root.db
 You can build the endings database with htfuzzy endings. (This command may
actually take days to complete, for releases older than 3.1.2. Current
releases use faster regular expression matching, which will speed this up
by a few orders of magnitude.) You will also need to redefine the synonyms
file if you wish to use the synonyms search algorithm. This file is not
included with most of the dictionaries, nor is the bad_words file. Current
versions of ht://Dig only support 8-bit characters, so languages such as
Chinese and Japanese, which require 16-bit characters, are not currently
supported

--
"If geiger counter does not click,
the coffee, she is just not thick"