Kolima PC kata tin egkatastasi tou StarOffice5.2

Sotos Panagiotidis sotoslinux at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 19 15:01:01 EEST 2001

Anakalipsa sto README tou StarOffice 5.1 auto

Problems of the X-server installation

In order to avoid that the X-Server freezes -in case
you use a Xfree S3Virge driver- it is necessary to
carry out a further step: to set the environment
variable SAL_DO_NOT_USE_INVERT50 with the following
syntax with the value «true»:

Using a Bourne-Shell (e.g. bash):

    export SAL_DO_NOT_USE_INVERT50=true

Using a C-Shell:

    setenv  SAL_DO_NOT_USE_INVERT50 true

IMPORTANT NOTE:

Using the mentioned environment variable might cause
various window elements being displayed inverted. In
general we recommend using the related SVGA-Driver,
because the Xfree S3Virge driver may originate
X-Server problems even with any other program. With
the SVGA-Driver it is unnecessary to set the
environment variable.

An error message like

"SalFontStruct::Load !XLoadQueryFont()"

means that a font, that should exist on the X-server,
could not be loaded. This might be a memory problem,
but it is more probable that the font has not been
installed or is not installed any more. This can be
verified with the commands xlsfonts, xfontsel and xfd.

Any other error messages may be caused by a lack of
memory of the X-server. Should those errors occur
together with other errors in StarOffice, even after
rebooting the system, they should be solved by the
Star Division Support.

Meta to "export SAL_DO_NOT_USE_INVERT50=true" i
egkatastasi egine kanonika.

Meta tin epanekinisi tou Xserver kai to ksekinima tou
programatos mou ziti8ike na ri8miso kati gia to
INTERNET. Ekei den mporesa na bro tropo na min kollaei
akoma (me to patima kapoiou koumpiou kolai pali, an
kai ksanaedosa tin proigoumeni entoli)

--- Vasileios Ioannou Kalabakas <portcity at x-treme.gr>