diabaste kai psofiste sta gelia

Alexandros Papadopoulos A.Papadopoulos at Bradford.ac.uk
Sat Oct 28 19:23:49 EEST 2000

To: Diamond Technical Support Team

Dear Sirs

A couple of days ago I purchased your SupraExpress 56i PRO Modem. I work
on a Linux box and since I know that so-called "Winmodems" or "Software
Modems" work only under Windows, I spent some time carefully reading the
information provided on the retail package, making sure that this was
not a software modem and that it was not Windows-exclusive.

As you probably know this is not true, since the specific modem cannot
work under Linux and is considered a Winmodem, unlike numerous other
products of your company. It is offensive to the home-users community to
take for granted that there are only Windows boxes out there, some
people do use other OS's as well.

Since your modem does not state anywhere in the documentation provided
PRIOR to purchase that it works only with Windows boxes, it should at
least be compatible (let alone provide drivers) with other-than-Windows
OS's. Since, in absence of contrary statements, it is implied that this
is a *normal* and not OS-specific modem device, I consider myself at
best misled and at worst deceived by your firm.

Any comments you may have are more than welcome.

Alex Papadopoulos

twra perimenw na mou pei kapoios
a) oti den einai pragmata ayta kai
b) oti to Supra56i PRO telika DOYLEYEI sto Linux! :)

xairetismata apo Agglia