X 4

fucker Smith someone at microsoft.com
Tue Feb 22 05:00:37 EET 2000

> On 21-Feb-2000 Fotiou, Marios wrote:
> > h megakh diafora sta X4 einai oti 0a exoun integrated 3D (openGL)
> > support...smooth fonts den nomizw na deis pote sta X giati apla kaneis
den
> > asxoleite me tetoiou eidous 0emata...
kaneis la8os. analytika:

The main focus of 4.0 is a complete redesign of the device-dependent
component of the X server (DDX). Single modular X server with loadable
drivers, server extensions and *font rasterisers*. The modules will be
OS-independent, and the loader design is that donated to XFree86 by Metro
Link.
Video in a window on selected platforms, using the Xv extension.
Integrated support for TrueType fonts.
3D support, with Precision Insight's DRI (Direct Rendering Infrastructure),
SGI's GLX and Mesa 3.1.

XFree86 4.0 will be based on X11R6.4. This is possible because the X11R6.4
license has been changed back to the traditional MIT-style version.
An extended Xserver config file format and command-line selectable screen
configurations.

http://www.xfree.org/releaseplans.html#40

Kai gia kati diaforetiko kai e3airetika promising, koita sto
http://www.berlin-consortium.org/

Gia boithia (h na diagrafhte) e-mail sto majordomo at hellug.gr
Ta archives tis listas einai sto http://lists.hellug.gr/lgu.html