Staroffice+Greek

Kwstas Zagoris kzagor at rodopi.cc.duth.gr
Thu Sep 23 02:55:31 EEST 1999

----- Original Message -----
From: George Makris <geomak at thales.math.auth.gr>
To: <linux-greek-users at hellug.gr>
Sent: Thursday, September 23, 1999 1:41 AM
Subject: Re: Staroffice+Greek

> Paides mporei na mou pei kaneis pos mporo na paro registration number gia
> staroffice 5.1 .
> Exo paei sto www.stardivision.com 50 fores kai exo kanei download mia fora
> (ase pou to eixa apo to Ram)
> kai telika tipota.
> Mporei na perigrapsei kaneis me leptomereia .

EF!!! o Ricudis nomizo prin liges meres esteile stin lista to parakato mail:

Hello All!

Gia na parei mia gia panta telos to thread me to staroffice :

                             New Installation FAQ
ALL PLATFORMS:

Q:
I downloaded the 5.1 from CNET (or DOWNLOAD.COM) and did not have to
register anything. Now, when starting StarOffice, it wants a customer
number and a registration key.

A:
The links on CNET(or DOWNLOAD) were out of date and pointed to an old
download version. Please don't download a file with the name so51_*.
The latest version has the filename so51a_*.
For those of you, who already downloaded the older version, please
read the following statement:

We have experienced heavy downloads as a result of our new Star Office
offering.  As a result, some Star Office customers have chosen to
download the old Star Office binaries from various hosts on the web.
Sun wants to discourage these downloads for the following reasons:

1) The newer version has bug fixes and improved features, and we want
our customers to have the best possible experience with Star Office.

2) The newer version does not require registration to operate. Sun is
not operating the mechanisms for registration as they are not required
for the Sun version of Star Office. As a result, customers who spend
the time to download the old version will find that they cannot run
the software they have acquired.

We are taking several steps to make the download times for the new
version faster. Within the next week, we will offer downloads from
Europe as well as the US. We will also offer a resumable download
feature to reduce the risk of interrupted downloads. We have already
fixed several problems with performance that made downloads slower
previously. And, of course, users  who want to purchase the StarOffice
binaries on CD-ROM can do so for only $9.95 US plus shipping and handling.

However, Sun wants to make sure that all our new and old customers
have the best possible experience with Star Office software. We will
now release a key for general use of the old product with the
following conditions:

1) Users commit to registering on the Sun website,
www.sun.com/staroffice.

2) Users understand that any fixes, patches, or service packs will be
provided for the Sun release only. All Star Division subscriptions and
support contracts will be honored, and the new CD is on the way now to
these customers now, enabling them to continue to get high quality
support into the future.

You must enter the following string:

        Sun Free Download Version

as the company name on the registration page exactly as spelled here
with all capitalization correct

Then for the key, enter

        680A-0JH7-M60MVR-CQPD-147K

exactly as written.

These steps will enable you to run the older version of Star Office
until you get the opportunity to upgrade to the current release.

* Kwstas Zagoris                                         *
* e-mail : kzagor at rodopi.cc.duth.gr                      *
* My ICQ number is : 9978964                             *
* Known as DeathMan in the world of  IRC                 *
* Hate is my only friend, Pain is my father,             *
* Torment is delight to me, Death is my sanctuary        *
* I SEEK it with pleasure, Please let me die in solitude *
*         Cause Death Means Just Life !!                 *

Gia boithia (h na diagrafhte) e-mail sto majordomo at hellug.gr