[thodoris at otenet.gr: X Window Help Needed. *** Sorry for writing in English. ***]

Nikos Mavroyanopoulos nmav at hellug.gr
Sat Nov 13 12:42:51 EET 1999

----- Forwarded message from Thodoris Tsioupros <thodoris at otenet.gr> -----

Date: Sat, 13 Nov 1999 00:29:27 +0200
To: aliases at hellug.gr
From: Thodoris Tsioupros <thodoris at otenet.gr>
Subject: X Window Help Needed. *** Sorry for writing in English. ***
Cc: magaz at hellug.gr

Dear friends,

 My name is John Brown, I am a 20 year-old English user and
this is the first time I am writing to the Internet.
 I decided to write in English because I only have elementary knowledge of
Greek, so I am afraid of making spelling or any other sort of mistakes.
 Yesterday, I downloaded an X Window Server called XFCom_SiS because
I read that it also supports my new SiS 620 video card.
 I am using Slackware Linux 3.0 and (as I am completely novice concerning
Linux), I would be very grateful to anyone of you who would be able to
provide their help answering the following question :

I would like to know what commands exactly I have to give in order to make
XFCom_SiS the default X Server of the system, after I have
unpacked the original .tgz file using gzip -d and tar -xf
 In addition, it is really difficult for me to construct an XF86Config
file, suitable for my new video card. I just tried to use the example
configuration file (XF86Config.eg) and a typical SVGA Server, but
it does not seem to work properly.
( Note that XFCom_SiS does not appear in the setup program menu)
 Considering the above, it would be very helpful for me if any
SiS 620 users sent me their XF86Config file by email.
I am not interested in having best performance,
I just want to make the X Window system run.
Please answer by writing to my friend 's email address : thodoris at otenet.gr
because I don't own one.

Hellas einai i^ deuteri^ patrida mu. Agapo poly Hellinas.
( i^ stands for an ita )

Thank you very much for your attention,
Looking forward to hearing from you,
John Brown ( Kiffisia / Athens )

----- End forwarded message -----

--
Nikos Mavroyanopoulos
mailto:nmav at hellug.gr
I may not be perfect, but parts of me are excellent.
Gia boithia (h na diagrafhte) e-mail sto majordomo at hellug.gr