ppp-authentication

Nikos Gorogiannis kgor at softlab.ece.ntua.gr
Wed Jun 2 00:22:10 EEST 1999

On  1 Jun, regarding "Re: ppp-authentication", moasi wrote:
> On 1 Jun 1999 21:04:58 +0300, pestilence wrote:
>>Prepei na to BGALEIS oxi na to baleis..
>>O peer den prokeite pote na kanei authenticate se esena...
>
> κάτσε ρε δεν έχω user kati αλλά έχω βάλει όπως λέει
> και το HOWTO το name antwnhs_kati.Δεν θα έπρεπε;

ka8omai, alla to man-page tou pppd leei:

       user name
              Sets the name used  for  authenticating  the  local
              system to the peer to name.

kai kapou allou:

       name name
              Set the name of the local system for authentication
              purposes to name.  This  is  a  privileged  option.
              With  this  option,  pppd  will  use  lines  in the
              secrets files which have name as the  second  field
              when  looking for a secret to use in authenticating
              the peer.  In addition, unless overridden with  the
              user  option, name will be used as the name to send
              to the peer when authenticating the local system to
              the  peer.   (Note  that  pppd  does not append the
              domain name to name.)

H diafora einai lepth kai epipleon den 3erw poia einai :) alla eimai kai
egw sto ntua kai me `user' mou douleuei :)

Gia boithia (h na diagrafhte) e-mail sto majordomo at hellug.gr