MODEM 56K

Βαγγέλης zyklon at x-treme.gr
Fri Jul 2 08:58:31 EEST 1999

I think u wanna enable dialup passwords right??
well if yes then do the following...
To enable the use of dial up passwords you must examine the file
/etc/login.defs
and see DIALUPS_CHECK_ENAB  is set to yes,

two files can contain  the dialup info:
    /etc/dialups contains the ttys (one per line with the leading "/dev/"
removed).
if a tty is listed , dialup checks are performed.
    /dev/d_passwd contains the fully qualified path name of a shell followed
by an optional password.

If a user logs into a line that is listed in /etc/dialups and his shell is
listed in the file
/etc/d_passwd, he will be allowed access only by entering the correct dialup
password.

The command dpasswd assigns passwords to the shells in the /etc/d_passwd
file.

tell me what happened ok?