[tournabi at ceid.upatras.gr: Staroffice]

Yannis Giftomitros yang at hellug.gr
Thu Dec 2 23:30:27 EET 1999

On 02-Dec-99 Kostas Gewrgiou wrote:

>   Exm nai kaneis lathos,
>
> prota apo ola ta iso10646-1 fonts boroun fisika na xrisimopeiithoun kai kato
> apo
> ta xfree86 3.3.x ena encoding einai mono tipota den periorizei ta X na
> vlepoun
> fonts me pano apo 255 xaraktires, ta fonts sta X DEN einai 8bit, ean den kano
> lathos to range einai sta 16bit diladi 64k xaraktires.
> Auto fisika kai gia ta Type1 kai TrueType fonts kai oxi mono ta pcf,bdf.

Mporei kapoios na to metafrasei,isws den katalaba kala.

3.2.1. Type 1

The Type 1 backend first searches for a mapping with a target of PostScript. If
one is found, it is used. If none is found, the
backend searches for a mapping with target Unicode, which is then composed with
a built-in table mapping codes to glyph names.
Note that this table only covers part of the Unicode code points that have been
assigned names by Adobe.

If neither a PostScript or Unicode mapping is found, the backend defaults to
ISO 8859-1.

Specifying an encoding value of `adobe-fontspecific' disables the encoding
mechanism. This is useful with symbol and
wrongly encoded fonts (see below).

The Type 1 backend currently limits all encodings to 8-bit codes.

---
Yannis...

yang at hellug.gr
Gia boithia (h na diagrafhte) e-mail sto majordomo at hellug.gr