Fw: Βοήθεια για επιλογή!

Kostas Vlassis lonewolf at compulink.gr
Fri Jun 26 11:27:26 EEST 1998

-----Original Message-----
From: Katrinis Bros <katrinis at ceid.upatras.gr>
To: lonewolf at compulink.gr <lonewolf at compulink.gr>
Date: Παρασκευή, 26 Ιουνίου 1998 10:47 πμ
Subject: Βοήθεια για επιλογή!

            Dear friend,I am a new Linux user,actually I have just begun
learning it.By this time I am  using a workstation in the University, but I
prefer installing Linux on my own PC(Intel).Unfortunately (or should I say
fortumately?) ,there are a lot of distributions, that makes it  difficult
for me to choose.    Could you tell me, what your choice would be and why?I
would prefer a book suggestion ,that also contains a CD-ROM with a Linux
distribution.I have found a lot of books of this kind and I must say ,that I
marked the products of the following  vendors: Caldera,REdhat,Slackware and
Suse.(IS it true,that Caldera provides upgrades freely for
downloading?).Last but not least I would like to ask , if  there are any
portability problems between systems, that run different distributions of
Linux?        Please don't hesitate making any suggestion,I won't consider
it as an advertisement, I am just a single user.
Thank you very much,
Kostas Katrinis,
ATHENS,Greece.

    P.S.: Να ζητήσω ταπεινή συγγνώμη ,που γράφω στα Αγγλικα, αλλά επειδή
μαζεύω πολλές γνώμες, ετοίμασα ένα πρότυπο mail στα Αγγλικά