Kainourgios X-server apo tin Red Hat...

Kwstas Zagoris kzagor at rodopi.cc.duth.gr
Wed Jun 17 02:47:59 EEST 1998

gia na doume ti X-server 8a bgali (elpizo na min ine mono gia Red Hat.....)

Red Hat announces the start of the XBF X-Xerver Program

Research Triangle Park, NC--June 16, 1998--Red Hat Software, publisher of the
award-winning, multi-tasking Linux Operating Syst
em, today announced the start of the XBF X-Server Program.  The XBF X-Server
Program, standing for X Binary Free X-Servers, wil
l expand the range of PC graphics cards on which the Linux OS runs.

This program represents an interim solution to those Linux users who have
chosen graphics cards from manufacturers who do not c
urrently recognize the benefit of supplying their customers with the source
code to their video card drivers.  Access to the so
urce code gives the customer, their  technical staff, and their  technology
partners the power and control to improve  the tool
s that  they are using.

Giving users control results in higher performance from graphically intensive
applications and leads to more stable and reliabl
e systems in general.  For these reasons, Red Hat will continue to promote and
recommend graphics cards for which source-code i
ncluded graphics drivers are available.

Red Hat is committed to the Linux Development Model and will release the binary
version of the XBF drivers under a freely distr
ibutable license agreement.

"The Red Hat  model is the open development model," said Erik Troan, Chief
Developer at Red Hat Software. "We are committed to
developing freely distributable XBF servers for Linux because it benefits all
those Linux users who otherwise would not be able
 to run Linux's graphical  X Window system on their computer."

The XBF Program is the result of Red Hat's development partnership with
Precision Insight, creators of graphics and video devic
e drivers.  For more information about Precision Insight, please contact  Frank
LaMonica at frankl at precisioninsight.com

* Kwstas Zagoris                                         *
* e-mail : kzagor at rodopi.cc.duth.gr                      *
* My ICQ number is : 9978964                             *
* Known as DeathMan in the world of  IRC                 *
* Hate is my only friend, Pain is my father,             *
* Torment is delight to me, Death is my sanctuary        *
* I SEEK it with pleasure, Please let me die in solitude *
*         Cause Death Means Just Life !!                 *
Gia boithia (h na diagrafhte) e-mail sto majordomo at argos.hol.gr