Kafepshstiko v0.03a (was: Announcement!)

Vassilis Terzopoulos bacardi at eexi.gr
Fri Jul 17 20:42:25 EEST 1998

At 07:30 ðì 17/7/1998 +0000, Christos Ricudis wrote:
>Ustera apo thn terastia epityxia twn dyo programmatwn poy elysan
>to 50% twn aiwniwn problhmatwn twn linux users, dhladh to problhma
>"Pws syndeomai sto Internet" me to xisp (v2.42.b2.p53.22-2-1939-12:34)
>kai "Pws blepw Ellhnika" me to xkbdgrk (v3.7.20.b24.645.ab.243.-34.2),

Agaphte Antapokrita,

Diabazw anellipws ta reportaz sas apo tote poy hmoyn sperma metewro.
Katalabainete oti anhkw stoys pio fanatikous 0aymastes sas.
San idrytikos anagnwsths loipon, parakalw na moy apanthsete sto parakatw.
Afoy kalos hacker einai aytos poy lynei problhmata hardware me software,
mhpws exete kanena neo apo to software poy pshnei kafe? Fysika, an einai
nea ekdosh as kanei aplws frappe kai oso einai beta as mhn exei gala,
de xa0hke o kosmos.
An den exete neo ep'aytou, mhpws exete palho epi toy allou;

Eilikrina dikos sas,
Mhtsos Laxtaromparmpounakhs

YG: Mias kai kanei zesth, oriste kati drosistiko. Ena mikro kommati
    apo to 'Loginataka' toy esr at snark.thyrsus.com -1992. Boh0aei kai
    sthn metafrash ths lejhs hacker)
[...]
Speak, O Guru: What, then, is the True Path to Wizardhood?

O Nobly Born: learn, and seek within thyself.  Cultivate the cunning of
the Serpent and the courage of the Tiger; sup deeply from the Wisdom of
those who came before thee.  Hack, and hack again; grow, by trial and by
error.  Post thy best hacks to the Net and gain in Repute thereby.  Also, O
Nobly Born, be thou grave and courteous in thy speech; be helpful to those
less than thee, quick to succour and slow to flame.

If thou dost these things faithfully, if thou travellest with high heart
and pure intention, soon shall thy callow Newbiehood be shed.  By degrees
imperceptible to thyself shalt thou gain Power and Wisdom, striving and
doing all the while.  Gradually shall thy puissance unfold and deepen.

O Nobly Born, if thou dost all these things, thy Wizardhood shall surely come
upon thee; but not of a sudden, and not until after thy arrogant Mind hath
more than half forgotten that such was its aim.  For know this --- you may not
by thyself in Pride claim the Mantle of Wizardry; that way lies only Bogosity
without End.

Rather must you Become, and Become, and Become, until Hackers respect thy
Power, and other Wizards hail thee as a Brother in Wisdom, and you wake up and
realize that the Mantle hath lain unknown upon thy Shoulders since you knew
not when.

(In this wise shalt thou travel the Way of the Child.)

--
 Vassilis Terzopoulos: Out of my mind. Back in five minutes :-)
 http://w4u.eexi.gr/~bacardi - webmaster@ http://www.techlink.gr
Gia boithia (h na diagrafhte) e-mail sto majordomo at argos.hol.gr