You've never seen something like that...

Marc Duponcheel mduponch at cisco.com
Mon Jan 19 21:33:08 EET 1998

> Hi all,
>
>    I thought that the difficulty is to add a new device in your computer,
> not to remove one. So, I add (without any problem) an external SCSI NEC
> CDplayer in my Sun (IPC). I mount the RedHat cdrom, I copied some files...
> I unmount it and I tried to remove it from the sun. If I boot the machine
> I have this:
>
> Can't clear ESP interrupts. Check SCSI Term. Power Fuse.
> (I have this message 10-15 times)
> SCSI device 3,0 is not responding.
> Can't open boot device
> Type help for more information
>
> Any help? How can I remove this CDplayer? In order to boot my Sun, I must
> have the CDplayer connected (it doesn't seem to care about termination)
> and the CDplayer MUST be on!!!

As far as I know: You must edit silo.conf, run silo and fstab to reflect how your
system will look like without CDplayer...

I ran into something similar when adding an external drive.

 Greetings,

-- marc.                \|||/
                        (o o)
 --------------------ooO-(.)-Ooo------------------------------------
|                                  | Cisco Systems Belgium          |
|         |          |             | Complex Antares                |
|        |||        |||            | 71, Avenue des Pleiades        |
|       |||||      |||||           | B-1200 Brussels                |
|   ..:|||||||:..:|||||||:..       | ---------------                |
|                                  | BELGIUM EUROPE                 |
|                                  | e-mail:     mduponch at cisco.com |
|          TACSUNS Team            | alias:       tacsuns at cisco.com |
|                                  | tel:           +32 2 778 42 40 |
|        Marc Duponcheel           | GSM/cell:      +32 75 46 46 13 |
|                                  | beep/pager:    +32 72 53 30 01 |
|  http://www-tac/Teams/TACSUNS    |       mduponch.pager at cisco.com |

Gia boithia (h na diagrafhte) e-mail sto majordomo at argos.hol.gr