bz2

Triantafyllidis George gatrian at egnatia.ee.auth.gr
Tue Apr 28 11:30:22 EEST 1998

This info is from sunsite.anu.edu.au:/pub/linux/utils/compress:

Begin3
Title:          bzip -- a block-sorting file compressor
Version:        0.21
Entered-date:   30SEP96
Burrows-Wheeler
                block-sorting-based lossless compression algorithm.
                Compression is generally considerably better than that
                achieved by more conventional LZ77/LZ78-based compressors
                (like gzip), and competitive with all but the best of the
                PPM family of statistical compressors.
                Bzip generally gives better compression than gzip it
                also generally takes longer.