No subject

tkalfigo at alexandros.csd.auth.gr tkalfigo at alexandros.csd.auth.gr
Sat May 3 15:31:42 EEST 1997

To akolou8o gramma esteila ston seftelo pou egrapse to ar8ro "Linux,the PC
programm from hell" sthn dieu8ynsh : an77 at dial.pipex.com. 8a synistousa se
olous na valete ena xeri na kopoun tetoies dhmosieuseis.
Gia osous den diavasan to ar8ro otan o Harris esteile arxika thn URL,auth
einai:
http://www.sunday-times.co.uk/news/pages/sti/97/04/20/stiinnsnd01001.html?17
17300
[olo mazi se perimtwsh pou kophke se 2 grammes]

David,
	it is obvious by reading your article about "Linux, the PC program from
hell" that U ain't got the slightest idea of what this 'piece of art'
called Linux is capable of doing.You are probably another one of millions
of guys just getting bribed by companies like Micro$oft to write ruinously
articles about  Linux because it really hurts to see that the real
competitor is an OS that is not only famous and popular but most of all it
is FREE!
It really hurts those incompetents at Micro$oft to know that marketing has
nothing to do with the fact that
Linux is spreading  so fast,cause let's face it....if it wasn't for the
marketing Dpt. , Winblowz would be nothing right now.
	When someone writes things such as:
	-"The nasty piece of digital scurf in question is known as Linux and there
are plenty of sad types who 	will tell you it is the future of personal
computing" , or ,
	-"Linux, for the uninitiated, is a version of that old computer donkey
known as Unix." [if U really think that UNIX is an "old computer Donkey"
then U got some big surprises coming up your way mister]
	-"Imagine a tougher version of MS-Dos ­ where the commands are even harder
to memorise and 	less forgiving of errors " [XAXAXaxaxaaa man you are a
joker or what! Jesus where do they get 	guys like you
anyway?...Xaxaxa...msdos...xaxaxa...give a break will you...there are small
children 	reading this!]
	-"you might think that Microsoft's Bill Gates is quivering in his boots at
the idea that Linux will do 	what IBM and Apple never managed to achieve ­
kick Windows off  the everyday desktop. Really? 	Well, no." [Oh really? Is
that so?....remember thos big surprises I was talking to you about earlier???]
	-"For a certain breed of bug-eyed computer user..." [yse it's a fact...I
do wear glasses,but then again 	so do U]
	-"Gates is the object of their hate simply because he won the
operating-system war" [I take back 	what i said about those big surprises
coming up your way man...we are alking about MAJOR 	CHANGES IN YOUR LIFE
a.s.a. you realize what is happening in the REAL WORLD!!! Rise & shine!]
	-"if all you want is a computer that you can aspire to understand, chuck
that blasted CD-Rom in the 	bin right now." [now U are getting really harsh
man...I really hope the money was worth it]

Believe me I don't even remotely consider myself to be an "experienced" or
an "initiated"  user .I've only been working with Linux for 1 year and i
was thrilled from the 1st minute I used it. Let's hope that someday U will
see the truth too.
				Best regards
					Thalis

p.s. Oh and by the way Linux isn't "a PC programm" like windowz as you
claim in the header of your article!
It is an OS.

sto "majordomo at argeas.argos.hol.gr" me 1 grammi sto keimeno: help