ANNOUNCE: X-ISP v1.9: X11 visual I/F to chat/pppd

Dimitrios P. Bouras dbouras at hol.gr
Tue Apr 15 22:23:13 EEST 1997

.

  Greetings to all,

  This is to announce the release of xisp version 1.9, an X11 visual
 interface to pppd/chat, in other words, an X11 dialup networking
 tool for Linux. The .lsm entry is included below. Everything is in
 sunsite.unc.edu:/incoming/Linux and argeas.argos.hol.gr:/incoming
 right now but it should appear in the proper locations shortly.
 To compile this latest version you need version 0.86 of xforms.

 Changes/fixes since version 1.8:

  - Added PAP support.
  - Changed the layout in the script section of the "Dialing and Login"
    form to make it more intuitive. Multi-word "expect" or "send"
    strings no longer require enclosing single-quotes, as they are
    automatically quoted when the chat script is generated.
  - Upgraded xisprccv which now understands all .xisprc versions
    starting with xISP v1.2, automatically upgrading to the latest
    version format.
  - Fixed animation bug which appeared when resetting to the "inactive"
    icon while running xisp iconified.
  - Added -bgcol argument for changing the background color for all
    program windows.
  - Reduced the colormap usage to only those colors used by the program
    code, freeing the rest of the colormap entries allocated by XForms.
  - Added new "medium-color" XPM icon, extrapolating from an XPM image
    submitted by the Debian package maintainer, Luca Maranzano.
  - Moved all the system path specifications to the Makefile. Editing
    of common.h and xisp.h is no longer required prior to installation.
  - Added variable declarations for Debian in Makefile.
  - Created a manual page for xisp.
  - Added function which waits for pppd to die before allowing a new
    one to be spawned, as at some instances, pppd does not seem to
    honor SIGINT while sending LCP packets for connection.
  - Corrected minor functionality quirks in the ISP selection when no
    ISP's are defined, and in the handling of WM fdelete() for each
    form. Thanks go to Stig <stig at hackvan.com> for pointing them out.

 For more detailed information please refer to the documentation files
 in the distribution. Please send bug reports/enhancements/suggestions
 to dbouras at hol.gr.

 With greetings from sunny Athens, Greece,

  Dimitri

- --
|  Dimitrios P. Bouras                        Tel.: +30 1 894-1320     |
|  41 Pandora Str.                                        968-0554     |
|  166 74 Athens                            E-mail: dbouras at hol.gr     |
|  GREECE                                           dimitri at ee.ubc.ca  |

Begin3
Title:          X-ISP, an X11 visual interface to pppd/chat.
Version:        April 15 1997
Entered-date:   Tue Apr 15 21:49:15 EET DST 1997
                interface to pppd and chat, implementing a
                dialup networking tool for Linux. Currently
                it only supports PPP type connections. To
                build it you need XForms-0.86 or later, and
                if you don't have it already, libXpm 3.4f or
                later. Information on where to get XForms
                is included in the distribution.