[Lbw2007] LBW2007: About one month to go

Spiros Bolis sbolis at freemail.gr
Mon Jul 23 23:11:06 EEST 2007

Hi boys and girls,

LBW2007 is almost a month away. Unfortunately I'm not able to put as
much time as I wanted to and I know that they're some issues that are
coming up.

The reason I'm writing this is to ask everyone to help in anyway they
seem fit. I'm listing some points I can think of, please elaborate

a. the wiki: it's being actively spammed. Jenny is doing all she can,
I've upgraded the permissions of Nick Kossifidis (he's a resident of
Iraklio and working hard on the new madwifi code), if anyone else is
interested in co-sysop-ing the wiki, drop me a line. In the mean time,
please use it even if it's to pose a question, we'll all benefit

b. the registration software: I'm not sure that we're using all of it's
potential. The previous admin state has been kept intact, you may do
your stuff (upgrade accounts to level 4, set up the presentations or the
swaping part of the software). Should we contact all those who have
registered with a short text of some type?

c. info: please feel free to ask anything you want regarding the
traveling, the accomodation and so on. The discussion page of the wiki
would be ideal but the list is fine too.

d. the activities part: The only solid thing we have right now is a
professional tourist guide (who happens to be one of the most active
members of the Iraklio LUG ;-) ) who's willing to take us (at least?)
to Knossos. Giorgos has a web site with more info hettp://www.susam.gr/.

There are still some pending issues like the bulk discount we discussed
with one rental company but I hope that we'll have them sorted soon.

*Very* hot Athens (we expect some 44^oC tomorrow) says hi,