[Lbw2007] Visit to Crete - Call for speakers

Spiros Bolis sbolis at freemail.gr
Thu Mar 29 00:44:09 EEST 2007

This Sunday we (Richard, the chairman of Hellug and myself) will be
making a short visit to Crete for a couple of days to meet face to
face with the local municipal authorities (namely the Head of the
Prefecture of Iraklio and the Mayors of Iraklio City and Hersonissos)
and ask for their support regarding LBW'07.

One of the things we would like to talk about with the mayor of Iraklio
(the large city near Hersonissos) is the possibility of having a
whole-day (ok, maybe half day) event about linux/open source/community
wireless networks/commons etc. in the large cultural center hall of
Iraklio (some 500 seats - not sure about that number, could be 300).

The idea is that since there will be lots of you in Greece (and maybe
some VIPs from the floss stage - provided we get some kind funding from
sponsors) we may add an "official" conference-like tone to our social
meeting.

We can certainly try having some volunteers from the babels.org network
doing the interpretation real-time (Hellug helped a lot with the
European Social Forum held in Athens last May and I'm sure that many
guys will want to help us back especially if we can cover some of their
travelling expences)

What I would like to know is:

a. if any of you finds the above feasible (Yes, there's time! ;-) )
b. who's interested in presenting something let's say for 10-15mins. The
topic - of your choice could be either philosophical about floss
or technical but not too technical or even a hands-on workshop)

Please, feel free to elaborate