[Lbw2007] [Lbw] Hellenic proposal for the LBW 2007

Henrik Levkowetz henrik at levkowetz.com
Sun Dec 31 18:18:30 EET 2006

Hi Spiros,

On 31 Dec 2006, at 13:17, Spiros Bolis wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> as promised I'm sending our proposal for the LBW 2007 before this year
> ends (local time :-) )
>
>> From all of us, happy and productive new year
>
> See you in Crete this summer,

I'm really happy to see this proposal, it looks like you've given
this some thought and I'd love to go to Crete for a LBW.  The main
reflection I have when reading the proposal, and also checking Google
maps and Wikipedia, is that Hersonissos still seems like a bit too
large and touristy.  You mention ~4000 people plus tourists, which
seems in line with what Wikipedia describes:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hersonissos
and looking at Google maps, I see an area which seems to have a lot
of hotels and what I interpret as holiday bungalow villages:
    http://tinyurl.com/yggr26

Would some smaller place in the same area, but a bit off from the
main tourist path be possible?  Looking some more at the area,
using Google Earth and a map, I find places like Apostoli, Smari
and Galifa; which seems to have access to plenty of hiking, and
larger than just a few scattered houses...

Anyway, thank you for all the work so far :-)

	Henrik