[imapfilter-devel] imapfilter as a library

Tim Smith under.northern.sky at googlemail.com
Fri Jul 27 13:48:31 EEST 2007

Good morning list

I recently stumbled upon imapfilter and found it to be very useful; thanks
for writing it.

Though my main interest is to use it as an IMAP library from another project
(written in Lua); so far everything seems to be working nicely.

Attached are the diffs I used; the one for the 2.0.2 version is not tested a
lot as
my own application still uses the 1.3 interface.

cd $SRC_DIR
patch -p 1 < /path/to/respective.diff
# set sharedir to allow running in build directory
./configure -s $PWD
make imapfilter.so
# edit lib_test.lua to match your imap account
lua lib_test.lua

It is a rather quick hack to get something working (I hardcode my own lib
pathes
in configure; the modification in lua.c is just an easy way to 'inject' my
own lua_State*
into the imapfilter framework) but it is functional enough that I thought it
might be of
interest to other people.

Best regards,
tok