[imapfilter-devel] Whitespace in IMAP searches

rw list-freebsd-2004 at morbius.sent.com
Tue Sep 19 20:28:34 EEST 2006

It would be nice if imapfilter could automatically strip excess white
space from imap searches (outside of "" obviously). I don't know about
other servers, but I've found that Cyrus is very sensitive to this, and
will fail searches for unnecessary spaces, as it's allowed to do by
RFC3501 (section 2.2.1), "It is a syntax error to send a command with
missing or extraneous spaces or arguments".

Having to put the right number of spaces in the filters is error prone,
and makes them harder to read because they cannot be formatted.