Ελληνικές Firefox 1.0 nightlies έτοιμες για δοκιμή!

Kosta Tachtevrenidis tachtek at cc.wwu.edu
Wed Oct 27 00:26:48 EEST 2004

Dear compatriots,

excuse the lack of greek, but I hate to type greek using latin characters.

I have a question for anybody who can help. I have been using linux
exclusively
for about two years now. My distro of preference is Gentoo. While I use
linux,
I do have a large music library on a windows box and am using iTunes to
keep it
organized. I have gone to great lengths to translate the ID3 tags to
gree so that
songs titles actually appear in greek. The filenames have been
translated as well.

does anybody know why my linux box can not read those filenames. It
can't stat
them which is I think where the problem originates. Bottom line is I
can't play them
on Muine or Rhythmbox or even XMMS. I have tried to follow some tutorial
about
making my console and the whole linux system support unicode and it
seems like it
does. I think I am somehow missing the greek locale or something. Can
anybody help?

Kosta Tachtevrenidis

PS So glad I will be finally home (Thessaloniki) for Christmas