FYI: (RedHAT Limbo mailling list) [Fwd: IMPORTANT UTF-8 CHANGE]

Simos Xenitellis simos74 at gmx.net
Wed Jul 24 12:47:53 EEST 2002

-----Προωθημένο Μήνυμα-----

From: Matt Wilson <msw at redhat.com>
To: i18n-list at redhat.com
Subject: IMPORTANT UTF-8 CHANGE
Date: 23 Jul 2002 15:26:16 -0400

Hi all,

Soon I hope to be converting all anaconda help text to UTF-8.  This
means that when you commit, be sure that your text is in UTF-8.

This does not mean that you have to do your edits in UTF-8.  You can
convert from UTF-8 to an encoding that you're comfortable with using
iconv:

iconv -f utf-8 -t euc-jp < help-screens-ja.sgml > help-screens-ja.sgml.eucJP
... do edits ...
iconv -f euc-jp -t euc-jp < help-screens-ja.sgml.eucJP > help-screens-ja.sgm
... commit ...

We will also be changing the header in the sgml to handle parsing the
document with xslt:

OLD:

<!DOCTYPE book PUBLIC  "-//OASIS//DTD DocBook XML V4.2//EN" [

NEW:

<!DOCTYPE book PUBLIC  "-//OASIS//DTD DocBook XML V4.2//EN"
 "http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/xml/4.2/docbookx.dtd" [

I hope to have these changes in place soon.  I'll send another message
when I'm done.

Cheers,

Matt