[Fwd: [I18n]ISO 8859-11 Latin/Thai + Euro]

Simos Xenitellis simos74 at gmx.net
Wed Jan 2 15:46:03 EET 2002

-----Προωθημένο Μήνυμα-----

From: Markus Kuhn <Markus.Kuhn at cl.cam.ac.uk>
To: ietf-charsets at iana.org, unicode at unicode.org
Cc: i18n at xfree86.org, li18nux at li18nux.org
Subject: [I18n]ISO 8859-11 Latin/Thai + Euro
Date: 01 Jan 2002 17:13:13 +0000

Just for the record / To whom it may concern:

Also, a reminder for those of you who maintain POSIX locale databases:
The currency (but not necessarily the preferred charset!) has changed
today in the following locales to "EUR":

  Austria (AT), Belgium (BE), Finland (FI), France (FR), Germany (DE),
  Greece (GR), Ireland (IE), Italy (IT), Luxembourg (LU),
  the Netherlands (NL), Portugal (PT), and Spain (ES)

For these, separate @euro locale definition files are now redundant and
should become the main locales, whereas the previous ones with the
national currencies can be discarded.

Happy new year,

Markus